Sunday, October 21, 2012

3 Weeks Out From Bikini Nationals...What Am I eating?


         I am 3 weeks out from my first NATIONAL SHOW!!!  WHAT!?!  Every day that goes by I realize more and more that this is actually happening.  Preparing for this show has been consuming; physically, emotionally, and financially.  At the end of the day I go to sleep with confidence that I have made the right decision to compete.
 
  I was looking into more info on the National Show in Nov and I have learned that it is probably going to be the BIGGEST National Show in NPC history! Why?

Because the TOP 2 Winners of each class will qualify for their IFBB PRO Card.  They will reward the top 5 but 1st and 2nd place winners will go PRO! 

          My initial intention was to finish what I had set out to do last year and step on a national level stage.  I do not have any expectations other than doing my best and if I do my best then I will have no attachment to my placing. Sure it would be cool to win but if I don't I know that I will be happy and proud of myself and that makes me confident that I am mentally in a healthy place.  No pressure!

          As of today I am still on track. I am in the mid 12% body fat range and am confident that I will be as lean and tight as I need to be come show day.  This week I will be amping up my cardio a bit more and cleaning up my diet even more.  This means cutting back artificial sugar and modifying my breakfast.


   Here is a glimpse of my daily food intake while training for a national level Bikini competition:



  AM Fasted  Interval Cardio - 45 minutes

   Breakfast-  4 egg whites, 1/2 grapefruit, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 cup of green tea
  Supplements: Collagen (30 minutes before eating), multi-vitamin,biotin,DIM,  5 sprays of  magnesium oil on belly
 
  Lunch: 6 0z lean protein, garden salad w/ balsamic vinegar, 1 apple, 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
  Supplements: Collagen (30 minutes before eating), B-6, biotin,DIM

 Afternoon Lift followed by 15 minutes cardio
 Snack: 1 scoop of whey protein w/ 6 strawberries, 1/4 oatmeal

 Dinner; 6 0z lean red meat, 2oz sweet potato, spinach, asparagus spears, 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter 
 Supplements: Collagen (30 minutes before eating), biotin,DIM

 Snack: 1/2 scoop casein protein, 5 sprays of magnesium oil on belly, gaba, iron

I was torn between cutting back carbs or increasing cardio this week.  I am leaning towards keeping the carbs as is and increase my cardio a little bit more.  It is crunch time and I need to tighten up!

Other daily routines consist of daily exfoliation of body and face, 2x per day 100% natural shea butter application and daily Crest Teeth Whitening.  Gotta have a pearly white smile on stage!!!

XOXO,

Abby

To read more check out:

"5 Weeks Out From Nationals"

"7 Weeks Out From Nationals"

"Updates on Progress For NPC Nationals"

"Nationals Experience"


Interested in more info about competing in Bikini? My Bikini Competitor newsletter is designed to help you develop that lean, sexy bikini body. Plus, as an extra bonus, you 'll also get a FREE Bikini Competition Starter Kit E-Book...download it now!
 
Interesting Image
 
 

4 comments:

  1. How did Nationals go?!!!! Anxious for a blog update! :)
    xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devore Family! I am so sorry for the late response! Nationals was a blast. I did not place (15th) but I am very proud of myself for following through. I have learned a lot from this experience that will help me improve to come back even better! Thank you for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby- I saw that you supplement with Collagen, DMI, and magnesium oil... What do these supplements do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany! I take Collagen pretty much year round because it is a protein that helps the health of your skin, hair, and nails. I typically take 3 capsules about 30 minutes before my first meal or before bed.
      The DIM is a supplement for anti-"extra" estrogen. Put simply, DIM helps to balance hormones. Its helpful for women who have predominately estrogen fat storage patterns.
      Magnesium oil is a topical spray that I use at night for recovery. The spray is trans-dermal meaning it goes through your skin and your body absorbs it better as opposed to a magnesium pill which digests in your stomach.
      :-)

      Delete