Monday, March 28, 2011

Support From A Great Coach!


          I got a call from Coach Tanji today and she really lifted my spirits and brought awareness to probably the biggest component necessary to make it in this type of sport....confidence.


         After hearing many encouraging words from my family and friends, Coach T reminded me that I have to believe in myself.  I need to walk on that stage in front of the judges and all those strangers and own it ! I need to believe in me and be proud of all the hard work I have gone through to get me to where I am today.  I am very thankful for my friends, family, coaches, and fiancee for all of their support but without my own confidence I am afraid it will be lost in vain.  Tanji brought it to my attention that if I want to achieve anything I need to be confident in who I truly am.

        Now, there is a significant difference between cockiness and confidence. Confidence is earned. 

          I compete this Saturday in my first show and for the first time I feel a sense of confidence sneaking under my skin and filling my heart and radiating from my smile!

         Thank you Coach Tanji for enlightening me with your words of wisdom. :-)  This is the very reason why you are such a great coach. 


XOXO,

Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment