Monday, June 30, 2014

For Girls Who Want Gorgeous Glutes (video)

Research is fun but experiments are even more fun! 

Danny and I are big nerds when it comes to everything fitness and we enjoy experimenting with new ways to train smarter.  Like many women, I especially love finding new ways to build the booty!  

Lately we have been exploring different ways to build a better butt by embellishing glute activation with the hip thrust movement pattern.

The result:  We came up with a never-before-seen variation to take your glute training to a whole new level! 

We actually got the idea from my friend and known research scientist, Kenneth Jay and his version of the kettlebell swing. When I watched him demonstrate the kettlebell swing I had an "ah ha moment" and thought, "If that works for the swing then why not apply it to the barbell hip thrust?" 

After all, the kettlebell swing is basically an upright ballistic version of the hip thrust. 

So, what am I talking about?

Check out my video below to see a demo and learn about our new variation of the barbell hip thrust, "The Abby Thrust" :-)

Note: This video was shot 8 weeks postpartum, so be gentle :))



Looking for a program that incorporates the hip thrust and other amazing glute building exercises? Then check out my female specific fitness program, Bikini Beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment