Friday, October 5, 2012

5 Weeks Out From NPC Bikini Nationals


          OMG...I am about 5 weeks out from my first National show!  I have been having dreams about candy, oreos, and getting ready to go on stage without my heels!  So yep, I think I can safely say I am in prep season for sure! 

          Okay, so I had an amazing weekend in North Carolina attending my best friends wedding!  My BFF has all grown up and has married her best friend.  I was her maid of honor and I must admit, I was more nervous about the toast than I was about stepping out on stage in a bikini!  We had a blast and she looked stunning!  I was a little nervous about staying on track but it went better than I had anticipated. I packed food in my handy 6pack cooler and allocated 1 cheat meal...the wedding reception.

          When I returned home I got right back on track and haven't missed one workout.  I can already see the changes.
  I checked in last Friday before leaving for the wedding and was blown away by the results.

          After increasing my cardio to 6 days a week and lifting 5 days a week versus 4  I am down to 14.6% body fat, that's over 1% drop in a week. My weight went from 135 down to 133.8.  With those numbers I decided to continue the same amount of cardio and lifts and stick to the same meal plan.

         As of right now I am eating about 1800 calories with tons of protein, fats, and moderate/low carbs. I am still eating about 150 carbs per day but only from fruit, oatmeal, sweet potato, and veggies.
  One thing I have done is place the majority of my carbs post workout which is the best time to consume starchier carbs.

         I will be checking in this Sunday with Danny and I am little nervous that the results won't be as drastic.  It is extremely hard to make so much progress 2 weeks in a row.  I know I shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale but it hasn't really budged much this week either.  Aunt Flow is in town so I am hoping that it's water retention.  So....TMI!!  Bottom line, I am waiting until Sunday to check in.  I will then enjoy a yummy cheat meal with my guy!

The past two weeks of my training split has looked a little something like this:

 Mon-Sat AM Cardio for 45 minutes followed by posing practice before breakfast.
 Monday- Quads and Glutes
Tues- Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Wed- Hamstrings
Thurs- Back and Bi's
Fri-Glutes

         I hold most of my bf in my lower body (thighs) so I am upping my leg workouts throughout the week to a 3 day split.  I have increased my rep range and superset most of my exercises, taking little rest between. 

5 more weeks!!!

XOXO,
Abby

To read more check out:

"3 Weeks Out From NPC Bikini Nationals"

"Update on Progress For NPC Bikini Nationals"

"7 Weeks Out From NPC Bikini Nationals"

"NPC Bikini Nationals Experience"


Interested in more info about competing in Bikini? My Bikini Competitor newsletter is designed to help you develop that lean, sexy bikini body. Plus, as an extra bonus, you 'll also get a FREE Bikini Competition Starter Kit E-Book...download it now!
 
Interesting Image
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment