Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Do Your Weaknesses Define You?




WARNING: DELICIOUS YOGURT WITH YOUR CHOICE OF TOPPINGS MAY RESULT IN ADDICTION, LOVE HANDLES, AND THUNDER THIGHS! CONSIDERED YOURSELF WARNED!

          I am not going to pretend that I don't have my battles.  It is easy to share your strengths, success, and goals. It is not so easy to acknowledge and share your WEAKNESSES to others.

          I have had a rough day today as far as nutrition.  My workouts rocked and my motivation level was high. However my will power was tested today and it lost. Yes, I went to a place known as Sweet Frog tonight, a delicious frozen yogurt parlor.  I love the cake batter yogurt with cereal and fruit on top...SO GOOD! Was tonight my cheat meal?  NOPE!   I simply broke down and allowed my cravings and weakness to prevail . As expected, I know sit on my couch typing, feeling what? GUILTY and DEFEATED!

          We are after all human and are not perfect to say the least. We all have our battles, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses. The only way we ever become stronger is to acknowledge our weaknesses and work on improving them.


          With that said, I have made a VOW and pinkie promised my husband (that is very SACRED in our relationship!) that this is the last straw and its game time.  Not only did I make this commitment to myself with my husband as my witness but I also decided that I need YOU to hold me accountable.
My vow is from this point on to stay on track with my meal plan and NOT cheat outside the 1 cheat meal listed per week from my coach, Shannon Dey.

          I am about 10 weeks out from my first show of the season and I also have more events between now and then that I will share with you later that I must prepare for. This is the time that I must commit to the program 110%. No more cheat meals, snacks, and excuses. If I want this then I have to get serious.

          I feel like this cheat meal has set me back some this week and am bummed because I was on the right track. I just have to remind myself that its okay to make mistakes but its not okay to know that you made a mistake and then repeat it! Cheating is going to get me nowhere but further away from my goals.  So I make this vow not only to myself and husband but to you. I will NOT eat anything that is NOT in my plan and will hold myself accountable for my actions. This sounds like a BIG commitment but in all honesty I am overdue. The amount of discipline I see in my coaches and teammates is inspiring. If they can do it then I know I am capable of doing it as well. Therefore, I know that this is a realistic commitment that I can follow till the end.

          By sharing my imperfections  with you, I hope you can see that nobody is perfect and we all struggle one way or another.  I encourage you to sit back and reflect on some of your behaviors that may be hindering you from reaching your goals. Afterwards figure out a way that you can also make a change and hold yourself accountable for your actions. See where accountability and commitment can take you.

          I am ready to face my demons, beat them, and move forward!  Lets do this the BOMBSHELL WAY!

         Today was a bad day but I still have tomorrow and I am going to WIN tomorrow!

XOXO,

Abby

Read more about my Bikini story:

"Why I Am NOT a Bombshell...I Am ME!"

"1 Week Out From My First NPC Bikini Competition"

"Training Strategies for First Bikini Competition"



Interested in more info about competing in Bikini? My Bikini Competitor newsletter is designed to help you develop that lean, sexy bikini body. Plus, as an extra bonus, you 'll also get a FREE Bikini Competition Starter Kit E-Book...download it now!
 
Interesting Image
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is another day, lady!!! And you're MY inspiration! Thanks for writing about your weakness. I'm both excited and scared to fight mine, which will be plenty in number, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome post Abby. I am here for you when you're weak, and when you're strong. Do not worry about the past, the future is yours to create. Go WIN this day! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, your such an inspiration.

    i would love to take part in a team bombshell camp. But unfortunatly I live in Germany.

    I know you can't tell their secret Excercises, which make them look like a bombshell, with their tiny waistd and thight backside. But please can you help me?

    greetings

    ReplyDelete